SIZE: About 2.75 inches
Size 3 crochet thread
Size E (3.5 mm) crochet hook
Needle with eye large enough for crochet thread
1. Read the instructions all the way through before beginning.
2. Pull slipstitches in joins tight.
3. I used J&P Coates Royale Fashion Crochet thread
4. A smaller poinsettia can be crocheted with size 10 thread and a size 7 steel hook.
5. For bookmark instructions see here.
ROUND 1: With yellow, ch 4, join to form a ring. Ch 1, working over beginning tail, 7 sc in ring. Join with a slipstitch in first sc. Fasten off. (7 sc)
ROUND 2: Attach red with a slipstitch in the sc before the join. Working over the yellow tail, *Ch 7, sc in 2nd ch from hook, hdc in next ch, dc in next ch, hdc in next ch, sc in last ch, slipstitch in of next sc on round 1. Repeat from * around. Join with a slitpstich in same st is first slipstitch. (7 petals)
Fasten off and weave in ends.
Mix 1 part liquid starch with 2 parts water. Wet the bookmark with the starch solution. Squeeze out excess and lay on a towel. Shape the poinsettia and tail, allow to dry.