Monday, November 30, 2009

SUZIE’S STAR BOOKMARK



This star bookmark works up fast, using size 3 thread. It would also be cute to leave off the tail, stiffen and use as an ornament.



MATERIALS:
Size 3 crochet thread
Size E (3.5 mm) crochet hook
Needles with eye large enough for crochet thread

NOTES:


1. Read the instructions all the way through before beginning.
2. Pull slipstitches in joins tight.
3. I used J&P Coates Royale Fashion Crochet thread

INSTRUCTIONS:

ROUND 1: Ch 3, 10 dc in 3rd st from hook. Join with a slipstitch in top of first dc. (10 dc)

ROUND 2: Ch 1, *2 sc, dc, ch 1, tr, ch 1, dc, 2 sc all in the same st, skip next st. Repeat from * around. Join with a slipstitch in ch 1.(5 points)

TAIL:Ch 59, sc in 10th ch from hook, to form ring. *Ch 4, skip 4 sts, sc in next ch. Repeat from * until 4 chains remain, slipstitch in same st as first ch.
Fasten off. Weave in ends.




TASSEL:Cut 6 strands of thread about 6 inches long. Fold in half and draw loop through the circle at end of tail with a crochet hook. Draw the loose ends of the strands through the loop and pull them down tightly to form a knot. Trim ends of tassel evenly.




BLOCK:
Mix 1 part vinegar with 5 parts water. Wet the bookmark with the vinegar solution. Squeeze out excess and lay on a towel. Shape the star and tail, allow to dry.

Comments:
This bookmark is the nicest one I've seen! Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Zoe

- I don't have a google account but here's my email so you know I'm legit. :)
zoes.place@yahoo.ca
 
Hi-
Thanks for this pattern. I've been looking for some more masculine looking bookmorks for gifts. I'm going to try it right now, but with the size 10 thread. Hopefully it'll turn out!!
Thanks Teresa in WI
 
My guess is you are making your chains too tight. Try making the first ones with a larger hook.
 
Thank you for this pattern. I am planning to make and give these to my friends. :)

-Lj (lenniedaluz@yahoo.com)
 
Love this bookmark, so easy to do, thank you
 
Hi Suzie, I recently discovered your site through Pinterest. Oldie (2007/2008) but a goodie. I have spent hours browsing the Web, Pinterest, and YouTube for Christmas bookmarks only to have landed on your site. Wow! Wishing I had found you earlier but that's okay. I am busy crocheting up a storm now because the patterns are so easy to follow. You see, I have been commissioned to make bookmarks because someone wants to give them as Christmas gifts. I hope that is okay. Credit will be given to you for sure. Thank you and Merry Christmas!
 
Question??
Will the vinegar smell go away? Would you suggest a spray starch or something else to shape the points?
 
The vinegar smell does go away. I never used the spray starch so can't comment on using that.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?