Sunday, October 17, 2010
FANCY FUR BUTTONHOLE ASCOT
2 skeins (39 yards each) Lion Brand Fancy Fur
US size N (9.0 mm) crochet hook
SIZE: Approximately 5 inches wide and 40 inches long.
1. Read instructions all the way through before beginning.
2. The beginning ch 3 counts as the first dc throughout. Start each row by skipping the first dc and end with dc in the turning chain.
3. Sometimes it is hard to see where to put your hook, when that happens you can use your fingers to feel where the hook goes. Another way to see where the hook goes is hold your work up and let the light shine through it.
4. The easiest method of joining the yarn is to hold ends from each ball together, tie an overhand knot. Then trim the ends about 3/8 inch long.
5. Before weaving in ends pull the slubs off the end you are going to weave in, they pull right off without unraveling the yarn.
Row 1: Ch 12, dc in 4th ch from hook and each remaining ch. Ch 3, turn. (10 dc)
Row 2: Dc in each st. Ch 3, turn. (10 dc)
Repeat row 2 until scarf is 7 inches from starting chain.
Next row: Dc in 3 sts (4 dc counting the ch 3), ch 2, skip 2 sts, dc in last 4 sts. Ch 3, turn. (8 dc and 1 ch 2 sp)
Next row: Dc in each st, 2 dc over ch 2 sp. Ch 3, turn. (10 dc)
Repeat row 2 until scarf is about 40 inches long. Fasten off and weave in ends.
To wear, place opposite end through the hole created by the K2togs and the cast on stitches.