Monday, November 23, 2009

SNOWY RIDGES






MATERIALS:
Lion Brand Wool-Ease White Frost, 2.5 ounces
J (6.0 mm) crochet hook
Worsted weight yarn, small amounts of red and green
G (4.05 mm) crochet hook
Yarn needle

GAUGE: 6 dc = 2 inches

SIZE: Women’s Small and average

NOTES:

1. Read instructions all the way through before beginning.
2. Pull slipstitches tight, you want them to almost disappear.
3. Beginning chains do not count as a stitch in rounds 1-5.
4. Blue hat made with Red Heart Super Saver.

SPECIAL STITCH:
Picot = Ch 3, slipstitch in 3rd ch from hook.

CAP INSTRUCTIONS:
With Wool-Ease and J hook.

Round 1: Ch 3, doesn’t count as first st, 12 dc in 3rd ch from hook. Join with a slipstitch in first dc. (12 dc)

Round 2: Ch 2, 2 dc in each st. Join with a slipstitch in first dc. (24 dc)

Round 3: Ch 2, *dc in next st, 2 dc in next st, repeat from * around. Join with a slipstitch in first dc. (36 dc)

Round 4: Ch 2, *dc in 2 sts, 2 dc in next st, repeat from * around. Join with a slipstitch in first dc. (48 dc)

Round 5 average only: Ch 2, *dc in 3 sts, 2 dc in next st, repeat from * around. Join with a slipstitch in first dc. (60 dc)

Round 5 small only: Ch 2, *dc in 7 sts, 2 dc in next st, repeat from * around. Join with a slipstitch in first dc. (54 dc)

Rounds 6-14 average only: Ch 3, does count as first st, *fpdc around next st, dc in next st, repeat from * around. Join with a slipstitch in top of ch 3. (60 sts)

Rounds 6-13 small only: Ch 3, does count as first st, *fpdc around next st, dc in next st, repeat from * around. Join with a slipstitch in top of ch 3. (54 sts)

Rounds 15-17 average only:
Ch 1, sc in each st. Join with a slipstitch in first sc. (60 sc)

Rounds 14-16 small only: Ch 1, sc in each st. Join with a slipstitch in first sc. (54 sc)

Finish off and weave in ends.


HOLLY EMBELLISHMENT INSTRUCTIONS:

MATERIALS:

Worsted eight yarn
G (4.5 mm) crochet hook
Yarn needle

NOTES:
1. Read instructions all the way through before beginning.
2. Leaves and berries maybe worked with any size yarn or thread, just use the appropriate size hook for the yarn.
3. Leaf stitches are worked by inserting hook under two loops of the chain. When you work in the unused loop of chain there will only be a single loop. That’s why you work over the tail to make it match the first side.

SPECIAL STITCH:
Picot = Ch 3, slipstitch in 3rd ch from hook.

HOLLY LEAF (make 2)

Round 1: Ch 10, sc in 2nd ch from hook, *hdc in next ch, dc in next ch, picot, dc in next ch, hdc in next ch, dc in next ch, picot, dc in next ch, hdc in next ch*, sc in last ch, picot, sc in same st. Working in the unused loops of foundation ch and over the tail, repeat from * to *, sc in last ch, slipstitch in first sc.

Fasten off, leaving a 6 inch tail for sewing.

HOLLY BERRY (make 3)

Ch 2, 5 sc in 2nd ch from hook. Do Not join. Fasten off leaving about a 6 inch tail. Using your yarn needle, run the tail through the back loops of the sc sts, starting with the first sc. Pull tight to form berry. Tie a knot and use tail to sew the “berries” on item.







Comments:
Cute Hat!! I love the holly. My sil will look awesome in it, can't wait to make one for her!! (and myself) Thanks for the pattern. :)

Peggy
 
Oh, wow! I love this! I'll probably find the link again when I go to Crochetville - but this time I found it on Crochet Pattern Central's new patterns page - I check it twice a week. Thanks for the pattern.

Hugs,
Katy
 
I made thishat three times trying to have it look like yoursit never did. Please tell me what I am doing wrong.
 
Yoy over estimate my abilities, exactly how would I know? Maybe not following the instructions.

Go to Crochet Pattern Central and use the stitch directory to be sure you are making the correct stitches correctly.
 
I love this hat and so do the people I showed it to. I left the green leaves off.
 
I have made this hat twice and wanted to let you know that I love the pattern. I have left the leaves off. It is really quite nice!
 
Suzetta, the picture shows a hat with vertical ribs, directions are for horizontal ribs!! Love the hat but would like to learn how to do the one pictured!
 
The front posts form the vertical ribs. If you aren't getting that effect review the instructions on you tube for front posts.
 
This hat is beautiful! I love the holly too. I think I'll make a bunch of the holly embellishments to sew on my Christmas tree skirt. Thank you for sharing your talents.
Laurie
 
I love this beautiful hat. I've made 37 so far and am donating them to the chemo patients at the local hospital. Its much nicer than the basic double crochet chemo cap. Thank you so much for sharing.

Juli in Arizona
 
Bless you Juli.
 
My head is smaller than most...I can wear a kids hat..so, I'm hoping to make it a bit smaller. I really like the white one and pray it comes out as planned! thank you so much for this pattern.
 
My head size is smaller than most so it is nice to start with a good pattern. Thank you so much..I love your white one..pray I can make it fit!
 
LOL I've had lots of people call me Suzette, so guess it all equals out.
 
Suzetta, Overall I find this pattern to be pretty easy. Though when I got to [Rounds 6-14 average only: Ch 3, does count as first st, *fpdc around next st, /_dc in next st_\, repeat from * around. Join with a slipstitch in top of ch 3. (60 sts)], I found that it wasn't looking how it showed in the photos. Did you do the fpdc then a bpdc? Or am I mistaken??

Respectfully
Terri in Brighton, Colorado
 
No back posts, just the dc followed by front post.
 
Thank you for sharing this pattern. I just got thru making my first one & it turned out perfect!
 
I am making this hat for about the fourth time and the people I have given it to love the hat. I also took the pattern and turned it upside down and added a handle to it to make a purse for my great-granddaughter. She loved this.
 
If you make the hat, turn it upside down and add a crocheted handle you will have a purse to go with the hat. I did this for my great-granddaughter. She loved having her own purse to match her hat.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?