Saturday, October 16, 2010

BABY'S RINGS LEG WARMERS

Edited 10/16/10 8 PM PDT edit in red.

BABY RINGS LEG WARMERS

SIZES:
To fit baby’s leg sizes up to about 18 months.

MATERIALS:
Sensations Cuddle Muffin about 1.75 ounces
Set of five size U.S. 4 and U.S. 6 double-pointed needles

GAUGE:
Unimportant

NOTES:
1. Read through all instructions before beginning.
2. Be sure to use a stretchy cast on. I use the twisted German cast on.
3. Use your favorite method to join in round. I knit the first 6 stitches with the working yarn and the tail.
4. Don’t worry about “ladders:. After washing, drying and a few wearings they will merge.
5. Because of the "rings" these leg warmers will fit baby for a long time.

INSTRUCTIONS:
With US size 4 double point needle and a stretchy cast on cast on 56 sts. Divide sts onto 4 needles. 12, 16, 12, 16. Join in round. Place marker to mark beginning of round.

Rounds 1-14: *K2. P2. Rep from * around. (56 sts)

Change to US size 6 needles.

Rounds 15-20: Knit

Rounds 21-26: Purl

Rounds 27-32: Knit

Rounds 33-38: Purl

Rounds 39-42: Knit

Round 43: *K6, K2tog. Rep from * around. (49 sts)

Round 44: Knit

Rounds 45-50: Purl

Rounds 51-54: Knit

Round 55: *K5, K2tog. Rep from * around. (42 sts)

Round 56: Knit

Rounds 57-62: Purl

Rounds 63-66: Knit

Round 67: *K5 , K2tog. (36 sts)

Round 68: Knit

Change to size 4 needles.
Arrange remaining stitches on four needles 8, 8, 8, 12.

Rounds 69-80: *K2. P2. Rep from * around.

Loosely bind off in rib.

Weave in ends.

Comments:
Bravo! Thanks ever so much for something in the toddler range! My granddaughter is going to love these! Susan Ellis
 
Post a comment on how they fit her and her age. I bet they will fit even older.
 
not sure i understand. do you make two, and it fits the length of the whole leg?

just found out yesterday i'm a future aunt, so now I'm scoping out the baby patterns...

thanks,
jenny
 
Yes you make two.
 
:) thanks...

jenny
 
Yes, something to wear for a one year old that is no longer wearing booties . My 12 month old is just walking and climbing but doesn't like to wear pants,these will be perfect to keep his legs warm with a onesie and a sweater around the house. On cool mornings the floor always seems so cold. thiss knits up rather quickly.
 
Thank you for your pattern. I found it easier than some other ones. I made seven pairs. Some multicolored. My daughter is due in December and I can't wait to give them to her.
 
Congrats on you daughter's upcoming birth.
 
I want to thank you again. My daughter loves them and my granddaughters daycare and then babysitter loved them. I'm attempting to make them again. I made one and it came out a lot bigger than I remember. I'm going to make it a little tighter. I made it too loose this time.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?