Saturday, October 16, 2010
BABY'S RINGS LEG WARMERS
To fit baby’s leg sizes up to about 18 months.
Sensations Cuddle Muffin about 1.75 ounces
Set of five size U.S. 4 and U.S. 6 double-pointed needles
1. Read through all instructions before beginning.
2. Be sure to use a stretchy cast on. I use the twisted German cast on.
3. Use your favorite method to join in round. I knit the first 6 stitches with the working yarn and the tail.
4. Don’t worry about “ladders:. After washing, drying and a few wearings they will merge.
5. Because of the "rings" these leg warmers will fit baby for a long time.
With US size 4 double point needle and a stretchy cast on cast on 56 sts. Divide sts onto 4 needles. 12, 16, 12, 16. Join in round. Place marker to mark beginning of round.
Rounds 1-14: *K2. P2. Rep from * around. (56 sts)
Change to US size 6 needles.
Rounds 15-20: Knit
Rounds 21-26: Purl
Rounds 27-32: Knit
Rounds 33-38: Purl
Rounds 39-42: Knit
Round 43: *K6, K2tog. Rep from * around. (49 sts)
Round 44: Knit
Rounds 45-50: Purl
Rounds 51-54: Knit
Round 55: *K5, K2tog. Rep from * around. (42 sts)
Round 56: Knit
Rounds 57-62: Purl
Rounds 63-66: Knit
Round 67: *K5 , K2tog. (36 sts)
Round 68: Knit
Change to size 4 needles.
Rounds 69-80: *K2. P2. Rep from * around.
Loosely bind off in rib.
Weave in ends.
just found out yesterday i'm a future aunt, so now I'm scoping out the baby patterns...