Saturday, February 16, 2008

CASH N CARDS CASE (c) WALLET














Size: approximately 4 X 4 inches

MATERIALS:
Small amount worsted weight yarn
Snap, Size 4 Dritz 80-4-65
Matching sewing thread (I used 2 plys of the yarn to sew mine)
Needle with large eye that will go through holes in snap
G (4.5 mm) hook

GAUGE: 8 sc = 2 inches, 7 sc rows = 2 inches

Ch 15. See note 1.

ROUND 1: Make 2 sc in 2nd chain from hook, sc in each chain (12) to last chain, working over yarn tail for remainder of this round, 3 sc in last ch, work in opposite side of starting chain and sc in each of 13 chain stitches; [30 sc]

ROUND 2: Slip stitch in BACK loop of first sc of round 1 (counts as first sc), sc in BACK loop of each sc around. [30 sc] DO NOT join rounds. See note 2.


ROUNDS 3-8: Sc in BACK loop of next sc and in BACK loop of each sc around. [30 sc]


ROUND 9: Sc in BACK loop of next sc and in BACK loop of each sc around to the last 2 sts before the side edge fold. Slip stitch in last 2 sc ending at fold. Ch 1, turn.

Now work back and forth in rows.

Row 1: Sc in 2 slip stitches, sc in 12 sc. Ch 1, turn. (14 sc)


Row 2: Sc in 14 sc. (14 sc)
Fasten off.

Repeat for second pocket. But do not fasten off after row 2.

Row 3: Place pockets together with the short side of pockets on the inside. Ch 1, sc through both pocket upper edges across.


Notes:
1. When using one of the multicolor worsted weights you may want to ch 17 and work 10 rows before starting flap. Seems most the multicolor yarns are thinner than the solids. Then work the two rows over 16 stitches
2. It seems easiest to work the case inside out when working in the back loop, turning right side out for round 9.

Comments:
Suzie
your patterns are really great. i'm trying one of yours now for my daughter's wedding.
 
How much yarn and what type is needed? Under Materials, all that is listed is the other items needed to make this, but no yarn is mentioned
 
Oopsie!

Worsted weight yarn, I used Red Heart Super Saver. I don't know how much, a very small amount.
 
Great pattern, thanks for posting it. I whipped one up in no time which made me very happy because I am new to crochet.
 
Thanks so much! This is exactly what I needed to take on vacation! I put it together in an evening - now I'll make a few more!
 
...absolutely love this lil case. I was looking for something exactly like this in a store and was unable to find it.This is even better because I made it myself and it was less expensive than anything I could have purchased. This is gonna be one of my gifts to give for Christmas.
 
Thank you so much for making this up for us to use. I am in the process of downsizing my purse, and this is a wonderful idea. Please keep them coming!!
 
Made this for my son, and he just loves it, small enough to keep in his pocket, and room for some cash and school id. Thanks for the pattern!!
 
umm... when i was trying this pattern, i noticed that it tells you to chain 15, but only sc in 13. i feel bad correcting something if it's whatwas supposed to be there.
 
Looks like you are an inexperienced crocheter. I copied Round 1 below and between the * * counted the chains. Hope that helps you.


ROUND 1: Make 2 sc in 2nd chain *that's 2* from hook, sc in each chain (12)* 2 + 12 = 14* to last chain *14 + 1 = 15), working over yarn tail for remainder of this round, 3 sc in last ch, work in opposite side of starting chain and sc in each of 13 chain stitches; [30 sc]
 
I made this little case today while driving to Jeddah (2hour trip) in Saudi Arabia. I used cotton yarn to match the Nook bag that I made with pockets. This was exactly what I wanted to go in it! Something small and practical for carrying just that little bit of necessary money and cards when I take my Nook with me. It will be very handy on the plane in August when I fly home to the States. Thanks! I am an experienced crocheter, so I had no trouble finishing the case off, but might I suggest, for the less experienced you put finishing directions? Thanks again for a great little pattern! I'm going to make more of these for gifts! Oh, BTW, I used a multicolor cotton yarn (Lily Sugar N' Cream) and it tended to come up short also, so I did the 17 ch.
 
what does 'do not join rounds' mean? I am a beginner and I am missing something... how do i keep from having one long round that goes and goes, and twists the pocket. thanks!
 
It means don't slip stitch into the first stitch of a round. Just move your marker and keep going around. I use a bobby pin to mark rounds.
 
Can you make it larger and how do you make it larger? Thank You Irene
 
Start with a longer chain.

I actually made one to fit my checkbook. I will look to see what I did and post those instructions.
 
new to crochet..... the pockets the rounds ? and what part are the rows? trying to visualize the composition.. thanks
 
First you make the pockets, then the rows are the hinge.
 
I am confused about the fold?
 
There is really a fold. Just two haves joined together. Fold the instructions and it should make sense as you go along.
 
I'm new crocheting and don't understand in the first row what you mean by work in opposite side of starting chain?
 
When you work into the chain there is one loop left free, that's "opposite" side of the starting chain.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?