Sunday, March 12, 2006

MY SHAMROCK PIN PATTERN

St. Patrick’s Day party favors? I wanted a little something to look like St. Patrick’s Day for a potluck on the 16th. I looked at every free pattern for shamrocks that Google found. But none were exactly what I had in mind. Don’t you just hate that? But isn’t it the way it always is? So in a whole lot less time than I spent looking for a pattern, I came up with 15 of these. Luckily I had a partial skein of a St Patty’s like green and didn’t have to make a Wal-Mart run.
MY SHAMROCK PIN


Materials and supplies:

Crochet hook size J
Small amount green worsted weight yarn
Pin back
Hot glue and hot glue gun

Pin:

Chain 3, join with a slip stitch in first chain to form a ring.

Petal (make 3): Chain 3, trc, dc, trc, ch 3, slip stitch in ring.

Stem: Chain 4, sc in 2nd chain from hook, and slipstitch in remaining two chains. Fasten off.

Weave in ends.

Lay right side down on heat proof surface. Hot glue pin back to petal opposite the stem.

Comments:
Those are so cute!
 
cute and thanks for sharing your pattern.
 
Those are so cute and will go fast since I make pin for all holidays for all the ladies at work,.
Thank you for sharing. Do you have anything for Easter?
 
Thanks for sharing your shamrock I made one for the ladies in the nursing home they loved them.
 
I LOVE THIS!! I made 20 of them for the little darlings in my boy's Kindergarten class.....check my blog...

yardsticks4lunatics.blogspot.com

I gave you props!

TG
 
I just had a lot of fun making two of these now on my day off. I'm going to wear one, and give the other to a friend. I used some light green baby sport and one strand dark green thread so it shows up on anything. Thank you so much for sharing!
 
The best shamrock pattern I found. Made 20 just tonight for my knit and crochet group. Thanks! CherylJ
 
Thank you, yours (IMHO) was the nicest shamrock I found out there.
 
Dear Susie! My oldest daughter's name is Susie love that name and really do appreciate this pattern. I made my co-worker's crocheted heart pins for valentine's day and now I can use up the green yarn and make them Shamrock's!
 
I used your pattern and did a posting about it on Craft Gossip felting: http://felting.craftgossip.com/2010/02/24/crocheted-felted-shamrocks/

Thanks for the sweet pattern and stop buy and leave a comment.
Linda
 
Best Shamrock pattern I've found! Thanks Suzie!!

Diane H
 
I made my 9 month old Grand daughter a dress for St. Pats, instead of using the flowers that the pattern recommended I whipped up a few of theses to put on it. I am also attaching a cluster of three to a white headband! thanks so much I really think the shamrocks will make the outfit that much more special. I made mine with sport weight and an F hook and they came out perfect. thanks again!
 
These look so cute as hair clips!
 
Thanks for a fun pattern. I have made several to give away and everyone just loves them. You have the best patterns. God bless you!
 
Perfect, thank you!
 
Thank you Suzie! ^_^
 
So cute, thanks!
Kathy
 
Soo easy!! Thanks a bunch:))
 
This is the best pattern for a shamrock I have found online. The finished product actually looks just the way a shamrock should.
 
Thanks for the cute, quick pattern! I have tried several shamrock patterns and this was by far the easiest and cutest one.
 
Thank you for your kind words, I'm glad you enjoyed the pattern.
 
Thank you for your kind words, I'm glad you enjoyed the pattern.
 
Made some out of Vel-lux. Used smaller hook to accommodate thicker yarn. They turned out so lovely. Thank you.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?