Friday, August 21, 2009

LITTLE CUTIE BAG (C)

SIZE: about 4 inches wide and 5.5 inches tall.

Materials:
Worsted weight yarn about 25 yards
Novelty yarn about 25 yards
Pair of child’s bracelets
Stitch marker
N hook
Yarn needle

Notes:
1.
Read the instructions all the way through before beginning.
2. On these little bags I work from the inside. When on round 2 it cups up, I let it and just keep going around and around.
3. Bangle Bracelets are from Michaels 14 in a package, on their $1 aisle.
4. The easiest way to crochet over the bracelet is to hold it behind your work with the top of the bracelet even with the top of the bag.
5. I used Red Heart Super Saver and Patons Cha Cha or Lion Brand Fun Fur. The photo is with Cha Cha Vegas and RHSS Lavender.
6. Novelty yarns seem to be fluffier on the wrong side of the piece. So use your judgment as to right and wrong side. In my case the wrong side becomes the right side. To fluff the novelty yarn I use a small hair brush and gently brush the right side of the item.

Instructions:

Bag is worked entirely with two strands, one of worsted weight and one of novelty yarn held as one.

Ch 9.

Round 1: 3 sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in 6 chs, 3 sc in last ch, working along opposite side of starting ch and over beginning tail, sc in 6 sts. (18 sc).

Do not join, work in continuous rounds use a marker to delineate beginning of rounds.

Rounds 2-11: Sc in each st. (18 sc)

Round 12: Sc in 6 sts. That should bring you around so that the next 3 sts are the center of one side of bag, if they aren’t work more or less sts. Working over the first bracelet, sc in next 3 sts. Sc in next 6 sts. Working over the second bracelet, sc in next 3 sts.

Round 13: Slipstitch in each st around. (18 slipstitches)

Slipstitch in next st and fasten off.

Weave in ends.

Comments:
I'm fairly new to crochet so it took me a bit to figure out how to start this. I had to try it with plain yarn first to figure out. But now that I've got it, how very cute it is! My practice yarn is some I had left over from making a baby blanket for my daughter who is expecting. I also made a matching doll blanket from the same yarn for my grandaughter who will be 4 years-old when the new baby arrives. I'm going to finish the bag off with the yarn so it will match her doll blanket.

Thanks so much! It is way too cute. I know she'll love it.
 
Another winner, Suzie. Thanks so much for all of the great patterns you provide.
 
I am making your cutie bag, but could not find the bracelets, so I just ch 25 when I get to a side and skip 9 and connect with a slipstitch. Then finish as you do.

Martina
 
I couldn't find the little bracelets either so had my daughter look where she lives. She had more places to look than I do. She couldn't find them either so brought me some 4" metal circles and that is what I used. It may work out better anyway because the bag is for a Christmas gift for a 4 yr. old. My other daughter saw the little bag and the scarf I made to go with it and wants a set herself. LOL

Thanks Suzie
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?