Saturday, June 13, 2009

SUZIE’S SOAP SACK OR SACHET (C)


Thanks to the group of ladies who tested this pattern: Annette, Beth, Christa, Jo and Shirley

SPECIAL STITCH:
Dc Cross Stitch = Dc cross stitch = Skip one stitch, double crochet in next stitch. From behind, dc in skipped stitch.




MATERIALS:


Approximately 1 ounce worsted weight cotton yarn
1 yard ¼ inch ribbomH (5.0 MM) crochet hook
Yarn needle for weaving in end



Round 1: Ch 11, sc in 2nd ch from hook and each of the next 9 ch. Continuing around opposite side of chain 11 and, working over the tail, sc in ea ch across. Join with slipstitch in first sc. (20 sc)


Round 2: Ch 2, don’t count as first dc. Dc in each stitch. Join with slipstitch in the top of the first dc. (20 dc)



Round 3: Ch 3, from behind, dc in the st before the ch 3 (counts as first dc cross st). Work dc cross stitches around. Be sure you don’t count the st at the base of the ch 3 as your first skipped st. Join with slipstitch in the top of the ch 3. (10 dc cross st)


Round 4: Ch 1, sc in each st around. Join with slipstitch in first sc. (20 sc)



Rounds 5-10: Repeat rows 3 and 4.

Round 11: Ch 2, don’t count as first dc. Dc in each stitch. Join with slipstitch in the top of the first dc. (20 dc)

Edging: * Ch 3, skip 1 dc, slipstitch in next dc. Repeat from * around, end with ch 3. Fasten off without joining. Use your yarn needle to weave in the end instead.


Finishing:
Weave ribbon through round 11. Pull closed. Tie in bow.


Optional Drawstring: Ch 75. Fasten off. Weave thru stitches of rnd 11. Pull closed. Tie in a bow.

Comments:
This is perfect, Christmas is at my house this year for the first time and I have decided to make crocet stockings for everybody. I found a pattern for animal bath mits in a magazine for the kids, but wanted something similar for the adults, now I have it I can make these slip in a wrapped bar of their favorite soap and have a nifty little stocking stuffer.
 
Great idea, to use them as stocking stuffers.
 
This is fab! xxx
 
Always pleasure to work with your patterns. Thank you for providing them for free. Jo NY
 
What a lovely little sack. You always create the loveliest things.
 
I just found your blog and I love it. Such great things. I love to crochet and can't wait to try some of these patterns. Thanks for sharing them.
Ruth
 
I decided tonight that I wanted to make a soap sack in white cotton to hold my mint green soaps to match my newly renovated mint-and-white bathroom, and I linked to you from crochetpatterncentral.com. I made mine in about one hour and three minutes, and I made a few modifications (as we all do), because I decided to use a size F needle so it wouldn't stretch too much, I made my crosses in treble instead of double crochet. It's got just the right amount of open stitch so the soap doesn't get soggy and just the right amount of texture for a good scrub. It's just right! Thanks!
 
Hi Suzie! I love your pattern and used it in my SOAP SAVER EXPERIMENT this month. Thanks for sharing!
You can check it out here ... http://handtothespindle.blogspot.com/2012/08/soap-saver-experiment.html
 
I look forward to the results of your experiment.

I only use the soap saver to store unwrapped soap in my linen closet to "age" it as then it last longer.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?