Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Suzie's Stuff Scrubbie



At one of the bazaars, I was selling at this year, I saw a scrubbie made holding netting and worsted weight cotton yarn together. Darn, I didn’t get a good look. But it wasn’t hard to figure one out. I knit a couple dishcloths as a Christmas gift and will include the scrubbies in the package. Thought I’d share the idea with y’all for a last minute gift.

Suzie’s Stuff Scrubbie

Materials:
Worsted weight cotton yarn, about 6 yards
Nylon netting, cut into 2 inch strips, about 6 yards (3 widths of 72 inch netting)
Size N crochet hook
Needle with large eye for weaving in ends

Scrubbie is worked throughout holding cotton yarn and netting together, enclosing the cotton in the net by folding around.

Ch 4, join into a ring by slipstitching in first ch.

Round 1: Ch 3 (counts as first dc), working over beginning tails, 11 dc in ring. Join in top of ch 3 with slipstitch. (12 dc)

Round 2: Ch 2 (counts as first hdc), hdc in same stitch as joining. 2 hdc in each stitch around. Hdc in slipstitch of the previous round. Join with slipstitch in top of ch 2. (25 hdc)

Fasten off and weave in ends.


Comments:
thanks for the fre free scrubbie pattern. Is there a knit scrubbie pattern? Peggy
 
No scrubbie pattern, the crocheted ones are so fast I never bothered.
 
Where do you find your nylon netting? I've looked everywhere and haven't been able to find anything suitable.
 
I purchase netting at either JoAnn Fabrics or Wal-Mart.
 
Thank you so much for posting free patterns. I prefer crocheting over knitting. I have made several of your patterns and give them to charities. They love them all. Again thank you for sharing.
Vera
 
I just have to comment. i have not made this yet, but I am so excited to have found it! My Great Grandma used to make me these each christmas. She passed a few years back and I ahve been searching for a pattern. Shortly before she passed she had given me a lot of yarn and crotcheting things, something she and my mother enjoyed doing together and I never became great at, but promised I would finish up a few projects cause I knew how. She did not share this pattern for the scrubbie's so I have searched and searched. Thank you so much for posting this! Now I just have to find the nylon!
 
I made these and they are great! I used recycled grocery bags instead of yarn.
Val
 
Good idea, I'll have to try that.
 
Thanks for sharing this I made and sold scrubbers almost like these 20 years ago for the viewers info I used rug yarn it worked so well they always sold out quickly
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?