Sunday, November 16, 2008

GRANNY SCARF (C)


















MATERIALS:
Worsted weight yarn: 3 [5.5] ounces
I/5.5 mm hook

APPROXIMATE SIZES:


Kids 4 X 40, Adults [6 X 60] inches




NOTES:
1. Read through instructions before starting.
2. To make longer or shorter, add or subtract from the starting chain in multiples of 4.
3. To make wider work more rounds.



INSTRUCTIONS:
Foundation Row:
Chain 124 [188], dc in 4th ch from hook, dc in next 2 ch *ch 1, skip 1 ch, dc in next 3 ch, repeat from * across, ending skip 1 ch, ch 1, sc in last ch. Fasten off, and attach new color on the opposite (diagonal) corner. There should be 30 [46] 3 dc groups and a loop on each end.

Round 1: Ch 3, 2 dc in loop formed by last ch 1, sc of foundation row. Work (ch 1, 3 dc) 3 times in same loop. Work 3 dc in space between dc groups, to loop at opposite end of foundation row. Work 3 dc, (ch 1, 3 dc) 3 times in end loop. Continue around working 3 dc in each space between the dc groups, join with a slipstitch in top of ch 3. Fasten off, and attach new color on the opposite (diagonal) corner.

Round 2: Ch 3, 2 dc, ch 1, 3 dc in same space {starting corner made} 3 dc between end groups of 3 dc (for end), (3 dc, ch 1, 3 dc) {corner} in next ch 1 space, 3 dc in each space between dc groups along side, work corner in ch 1 space, 3 dc in next space between dc groups, work corner in ch 1 space, 3 dc in each space between dc groups along side, slipstitch in beginning ch 3. Fasten off, and attach new color on the opposite (diagonal) corner.



Round 3: Ch 3, 2 dc, ch 1, 3 dc in same space {starting corner made} 3 dc between end groups of 3 dc (for end), (3 dc, ch 1, 3 dc) {corner} in next ch 1 space, 3 dc in each space between dc groups along side, work corner in ch 1 space, 3 dc in next space between dc groups, work corner in ch 1 space, 3 dc in each space between dc groups along side, slipstitch in beginning ch 3.


For kid size scarf fasten off and weave in all ends.



For adult size fasten off, and attach new color on the opposite (diagonal) corner. Repeat round 3 twice.

Comments:
Hi Suzetta,
I just found your website this morning and had to write. Your selections are lovely and I can't wait to get started on a scarf. The main reason I'm writing, however, is to let you know that I am Suzette! All the way from TN. I am so broke for Christmas this year that everybody is getting something crocheted whether they like it or not! I would like to make "free form" scarves, or even just 2-3" rows of various yarns and stitches for the length of the scarf. Any suggestion? I look forward to hearing from you. God bless, Suzette
 
The Super Bulky and Worsted Weight Scarf (see the side bar) lends itself to using a variety of yarns.
It is mostly knit.

The December Tear Drops scarf would also look nice worked with different yarns it is crocheted.
 
Hi, just wanted to say thanks for the pattern, you can go to my blog and see how it turned out.
 
I just made one of these for my favorite aunt! It turned out great! Thanks for the pattern!
Val
 
I don't go on the computer much these days but thought I'd take a peek. Saw the granny rectangle scarf and my mouth dropped. I had seen a picture of the same (similar) scarf with no instructions but knew that it was just a long granny rectangle which is easy enough to do and now the pattern I came up with is etched in my head forever. So far I have 25 scarves to send. They are fast, easy, and you can use up smaller skeins of yarn. I make 2 rounds of one color, two rounds of another color, one round of a third color and using that same color do a hdc around the edge. I have such a beautiful variety of colors and love them all. You can use even smaller amounts of yarn by changing colors each round. You'll use up a lot of that yarn just sitting there rolled up in a ball not knowing what to do with. Will send them in when I have other items finished so you get a big boxful.
 
I am working on this scarf & it doesn't seem to look like the one in the picture. It is curling up. Am I missing something? Should I be doing a single chain between the 3 dc in rows 2 & 3? Please let me know, trying to get this out for Christmas. Thank you for your response. Deb C
 
No chains between the dc groups. My guess is you are working too tighly, try moving up to a J hook and see if that helps you.
 
The pattern has a chain between groups though?
 
No chains between groups.
 
I'm in love!!! I'm going to use this pattern to make a blanket!!! I'm sooo excited !! Thank you so much for sharing this pattern!
 
I'm in love !!!! I'm going to use this pattern and make a blanket !! I'm so excited! Thanks for sharing!
 
You might like to use the Rectangle Granny Afghan pattern.
http://suzies-yarnie-stuff.blogspot.com/2006/08/rectangle-granny-afghan-pattern_11.html

 
Thank you sooo much!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?