Friday, March 06, 2009

PUPPY PLAY PUFFY (C)


With the new puppy playing fetch in the house, the ball had to go. So whipped this up for those throwing and running games. Sharky likes it so much he plays by himself. Good thing it doesn't have any stuffing in it ,because it would have been shaken out by now.

Materials:
About 2 ounces of worsted weight cotton
Crochet hook size G ((4.5mm)

Disk:
(make 2)
Ch 5, join with a sl st to form ring

Round 1:
Ch 4 to count as first dc and first ch 1; work (dc, ch 1) 15 times in ring. Join with a slipstitch to the 3rd ch of the beginning ch 4. (16 dc and 16 ch 1 spaces)

Round 2:
Slipstitch into first ch 1 space. Ch 4 to count as first dc and first ch 1, work (dc, ch 1) 3 times in same ch 1 space. *(Dc, ch 1) 4 times in next ch 1 space. Repeat from * around. Join with a slipstitch in 3rd ch of the beginning ch 4. (64 dc and 64 ch 1 spaces)

Round 3:
Slipstitch into first ch 1 space. Ch 3, slipstitch in next ch 1 space. Repeat from * around. Join with a slipstitch in first slipstitch of round. (64 ch 3 loops)

Loop:
Ch 35; slipstitch in first ch to make a loop, slipstitch in remaining chains. Join with a slipstitch in first slipstitch.

Fasten off. Weave in ends on all three pieces..

Hold disks wrong sides together. Run the loop through the center ring. Then run loop through one of the ch 1 spaces on each disk. Run the loop through itself and pull the loop tight.

Comments:
I am so excited that I have finally found crochet felting! A couple years ago I started felting and but had to make up my own designs. They weren't up to par. I love your sight, thank you! Christine
 
I'm so excited to make this for my sweet LB (female chihuahua) I will be making this toy with cotton as it is a natural fiber , sheds less than a synthetic , wool or any other type of yarn and cotton is also much stronger than most yarns.. Washes well too. It sort of looks like that what you chose to use. Did you? Well off I go to print up and start your pattern.. I looked all over for a this particular kind of toy and was so happy to find it free of charge! I found a similar looking toy pattern on Etsy for almost $3! I don't know if assembly is the same or what and I really don't care. LB likes to on tie a wash cloth I tie in a knot so I know she will try to disassemble this and its fine if she does.. Seems easy enough to put back together.. She's been thinking my yarn is a toy lastly and this may perpetuate that behavior but its ok, everything she does is hilariously adorable to me! Thanks again and feel free to email me any response you may have at erinbrooke.mcdonald@gmail.com
 
Yes I use cotton to make these. I'm sure your Chi will enjoy one. Our Yorkie never tore his up, so yours should last a long time as well.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?