Saturday, August 29, 2009
SUZIE’S OCTOPUS FINGER PUPPET
About ½ ounce of worsted weight yarn
H (5.0 mm) Crochet hook
6 mm Wiggle eyes or Puff paint
1. Read instructions all the way through before beginning.
2. Puppet is worked in continuous rounds, DO NOT join. Use a stitch marker to mark beginning of each round.
3. When crocheting into the chain, place your hook under two loops.
4. Octopus in photo was made with Red Heart Super Saver.
5. For eyes use wiggle eyes or puff paint if for a very young child.
Round 1: 8 sc in 2nd ch from hook. (8 sc)
Round 2: 2 sc in each st around. (16 sc)
Rounds 3-6: Sc in each st around. (16 sc)
Round 7: *Sc dec over next 2 sts. Repeat from * around. (8 sc)
Round 8: *Ch 10, slipstitch in 2nd ch from hook and next ch, sc in remaining 7 ch. Sc in next st of round 7. Repeat from * around. (8 tentacles and 8 sc)
Round 9: Working behind the tentacles, sc in each sc between tentacles. (8 sc)
Round 10: *Sc in each st around. (8 sc)
Finishing: Slipstitch in next 2 sts, fasten off. Weave in ends.
With toothpick place 2 dots of Tacky glue on round 5, about 3/8 inch apart. Place eyes on glue. Let dry and enjoy.
Laura in Virginia
i looked through probably all of your stuff and just randomly chose to comment on this one ^^
real good job :)
Thanks a bunch!
I would love to share this for fellow crocthers at church as well, who enjoy making things like this for charity.
I found it easy to follow, and was really pleased with the resulting creature.
I too, may well be making some for Samaritan's shoe boxes.
Thanks for the great patterns. I may well be trying the Gecko bookmark soon too.