Sunday, December 03, 2006

MY RUFFLES SCARF



My Ruffles Scarf

Materials:
Worsted weight soft yarn about 3.5 ounces (200 yards), or 2 oz Mohair blend (200 yards)
K hook
(Use whatever yarn you like. If you use another weight of yarn you might want to use a different size hook.)

Size: Approximately 3.5 inches wide, 45 inches long.

Instructions:

Chain 91
Row 1. Sc in second stitch from hook and every remaining chain. (90 sc)

Row 2. Chain 4 turn, *dc, ch 1, dc, ch 1, dc, ch 1* in first sc. Repeat from * in each sc across.


Row 3. Ch 4 turn, *dc, ch 1, dc, ch 1 in each ch 1 space of row 2. Ending by dc, ch 1, dc, in the chain 4 loop of row 2. Fasten off and weave in ends.

For a longer scarf chain a longer chain before starting your sc row.

Note: A 6 ounces skein Simply Soft made a pair of Double Ruffled Wristlets and Ruffled Scarf with 101 starting chain.

Comments:
That's beautiful!
 
Hi Suzie,

really like your scarves for the Red Scarf Project...that's one of the charities promoted at Fiber Femmes. Would you, please, allow us to re-print your ruffled crochet scarf at www.fiberfemmes.com in the charity section?

You retain all rights, etc. and blog/web links and a bio...which you'd write and send to us.

Thanks for considering us.

Sandra @ Fiber Femmes
www.fiberfemmes.com
 
I love the ruffles scarf. It is so PRETTY.
I was wondering where do I send the finished scarf for the
Red Scarf contest?
If I win the contest please email me at:
ivanel@centurytel.net to let me know that and I will then send you my snail addy.
Ivanel
 
Greetings,

I made a red fleck ruffled scarf for the project. Thank you for sharing both the project and all the patterns. God Bless You.
 
I love this ruffled design. You have such nice work.
 
I love this scarf design. I am trying this for the Red Scarf Project.
 
I really would like to make this scarf.

How many balls of yarn did you use of the worsted weight yarn?

I am thinking of using a chunky weight yarn. What size hook would you recommend?

Thanks!
 
Worsted weight soft yarn about 3.5 ounces (200 yards), or 2 oz Mohair blend (200 yards)

Those are the yarn requirements. I wouldn't make this scarf out of chunky yarn. If you decide to use chunky, probably best to use a hook one size larger than recommended on the ball band.
 
Hi Suzie. I was looking for a nice birthday gift idea for one of my friend. Ta daa! I found your ruffles scarf pattern. Thanks for the great pattern and idea.
 
The scarf is perfect for a gift. Thanks much for sharing your incredible talent. I have been going all over the net to look for unique items to crochet...now I don't have to go any further. I don't have to visit other sites, as everything I could possibly want to crochet can be found on Suzies Stuff!

Melba
 
Thank you Melba, you made my day a little brighter.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?