Thursday, July 12, 2007

MY JULY TRIANGLE SCARF
















MY JULY TRIANGLE SCARF

Since Dollar Tree has been having Fancy Fur recently, need I tell you how my stash has grown? This quickie triangle scarf is something a little different than the long garter stitch scarves we have all been knitting with the novelty yarns.

Approximate Size: 44 inches wide and 15 inches deep

Gauge: unimportant but approximately 8 sts = 4 inches

Materials:
Lion Brand Fancy Fur 2 balls 39 yards each
Caron Simply Soft 78 yards
¾ inch or larger button that will fit through stitches
Size 19 (15.0 mm) circular needle (you need the circular needle to accommodate the large number of stitches)

Scarf instructions:

Work holding together one strand of each yarn throughout.

Cast on 3 stitches.

Work in garter stitch, increase 1 st at beginning and end of each row. Increase by knitting into front and back of stitch.

Repeat until 69 stitches are on needle. Bind off all stitches loosely.

Fasten off. Using the Simply Soft sew button to end of last row.

Weave in ends.

To button scarf put the button through stitches on other end of last row.








Comments:
beautiful scarf Suzette..
That yarn looks great!!!

Penny
http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/
 
Beautiful scarf. I'm gonna give it a try as Christmas gifts. Lots of novelty and bulky yarn that would knit easily and nicely with that pattern. Easy, but not boring !

Just as I like it :-)

Thanks Suzetta

Emmanuelle
 
Suzy, You know I LOVE this scarf as I have made two of them. Going to see if I can find some old buttons to put on them and then I'm going to make one for my almost 3 yr old granddaugter! It should be cute!

Bonnie>kids8_61@yahoo.com
 
I look forward to seeing her in it.
 
This is a beautiful scarf but, I was wondering if there is a crochet pattern for this. I've never managed the knitting part.
 
Sorry, I didn't design a crocheted version.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?