Wednesday, February 21, 2007

MY MARCH SCARF

MY MARCH SCARF
Third in the scarf of the month series, My March Scarf is knitted with a simple two row rib pattern and a garter stitch border.

Instructions are included for either bulky yarn or worsted weight.




SIZES:
6 inches X 60 inches


MATERIALS:
Yarn: Bulky about 190 yds (Worsted weight to be determined)
Needles: US 11, 8 mm (US 10, 5.75 mm)
Yarn needle

GAUGE:
Bulky 12 sts = 4 inches
Worsted 16 sts = 4 inches
Row gauge unimportant

INSTRUCTIONS:
Instructions are for bulky yarn, worsted weight in (_)

Cast-on 19 (27)stitches

Knit 3 rows

Row 1: K2, *P1, K1. Repeat from * to last 2 sts, K2

Row 2: Knit
Repeat rows 1 and 2 until scarf is as long as you like. Knit 3 rows and bind off.

Weave in ends.

There is now a Yahoo Group to post photos of and discuss items made from my patterns. Please join if you are interested.


Comments:
Beautiful scarf, Suzetta

I love the stitch.
And again, wow for your cross stitch scarf.

Have a nice day !
Emmanuelle
 
This is so my kind of scarf! I love it! :-)

Thanks for sharing!
 
As always - it is gorgeous!! Yet another great scarf. How will I keep up? ;)
 
Beautiful scarf! Thanks for sharing.
AN
 
I'm knitting up this pattern right now. Thanks for sharing!
 
on the march scarf which is really nice, is it knit 2 at the end...because there is another knit st at the end also..thanks
 
Yes, if you read the instructions for row 2 it has K2 at the end.
 
Shouldnt the march scarf be 18 stitches???? its 2 knits at beg and end....and all the rest of the scarf is 2 stitches also..thanks for the pattern
 
Only if you don't want the two edges to look the same. If worked the way it is written there will be a purl stitch next to the garter stitch edge on both edges.
 
I dont understand how it could be 19 stitches as everything is 2 sts.....wouldnt you have 1 stitch left over.....2, 2, 2,2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2,l
 
Yes and following the sequence you have been using the next stitch is a purl.
 
I tried this out...and I love the way it came out...the reverse side is almost as pretty and the right side. So much so, that I am make a lap robe for the nursing home out of the same pattern
 
Hi, I love the scarf pattern. Thank you! Just one question, mine is curling on the edges, did I do something wrong? It looks just like your picture and I followed the pattern. Any suggestions?
 
You could try blocking it. Next time make the garter stitch border wider and it should lay flatter.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?