Thursday, February 18, 2010

PEPPERMINT 2 STRAND SCARF



This scarf in combination with Suzie's 2 Strand Earflap Hat would make a nice set.


SIZE: 5 x 55 inches

MATERIALS:
Red Heart Super Saver Cherry and White
N (9.O mm) crochet hook
Yarn needle

INSTRUCTIONS:
Entire scarf is worked using two strands held together throughout.

Ch 12

Row 1: Sc in 2nd st from hook and each remaining ch. Ch 1 turn. (11 sc)

Row 2: 2 sc in first st, *skip 1 st, 2 sc in next st. Repeat from across. Ch 1, turn. (12 sc)

Row 3: *skip 1 st, 2 sc in next st. Repeat from across. Ch 1, turn. (12 sc)

Row 4 and beyond: Repeat row 3, until scarf is ½ inch less than desired length.

Last row: Sc in each st across.

Fasten off and weave in ends.

Comments:
I love this! I have not tried two strands of yarn yet, but this one makes me want to!
 
Hey thats nice :)
 
Thank-you so much for designing this for the Scarves for Special Olympics!
 
Blog walking and found myself here. Cool scarf, always fun to see how things will look with 2 strands and it helps the project go quickly.

I'll have to hop over to their site and see what the project is about. I made lots of blue and white scarves last year for The Special Olympics, I didn't realize they did this everyyear? Though it was Utah or maybe Idaho? Can't remember which state; but it was a National Olympics.

Sandy
Welcome mats always out at all 3 of my blogs, do swing by for a visit.
 
This is what I have been looking for! I love the two strand look and it seems a no-brainer once you get started. I'm off to buy the yarn now...
 
Just finished mine! It was super easy and fun. Thanks for posting the directions.
 
Stopped by to visit you again, and "pick your brain". I've been visiting you for a long time. This will be my next scarf I will be sending to the Olympics. Thanks for being here! Alma
http://almacrochetforcharity.blogspot.com/
 
I love this pattern. I am currently working it in just the back loop in pink and purple.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?