Friday, August 21, 2009
LITTLE CUTIE BAG (C)
Worsted weight yarn about 25 yards
Novelty yarn about 25 yards
Pair of child’s bracelets
1. Read the instructions all the way through before beginning.
2. On these little bags I work from the inside. When on round 2 it cups up, I let it and just keep going around and around.
3. Bangle Bracelets are from Michaels 14 in a package, on their $1 aisle.
4. The easiest way to crochet over the bracelet is to hold it behind your work with the top of the bracelet even with the top of the bag.
5. I used Red Heart Super Saver and Patons Cha Cha or Lion Brand Fun Fur. The photo is with Cha Cha Vegas and RHSS Lavender.
6. Novelty yarns seem to be fluffier on the wrong side of the piece. So use your judgment as to right and wrong side. In my case the wrong side becomes the right side. To fluff the novelty yarn I use a small hair brush and gently brush the right side of the item.
Bag is worked entirely with two strands, one of worsted weight and one of novelty yarn held as one.
Round 1: 3 sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in 6 chs, 3 sc in last ch, working along opposite side of starting ch and over beginning tail, sc in 6 sts. (18 sc).
Do not join, work in continuous rounds use a marker to delineate beginning of rounds.
Rounds 2-11: Sc in each st. (18 sc)
Round 12: Sc in 6 sts. That should bring you around so that the next 3 sts are the center of one side of bag, if they aren’t work more or less sts. Working over the first bracelet, sc in next 3 sts. Sc in next 6 sts. Working over the second bracelet, sc in next 3 sts.
Round 13: Slipstitch in each st around. (18 slipstitches)
Slipstitch in next st and fasten off.
Weave in ends.
Thanks so much! It is way too cute. I know she'll love it.