Thursday, March 06, 2008

CROCHETED DAFFODIL




Crocheted daffodil, suitable for embellishing an Easter Basket as shown here, or as a pin or fridgie.



Materials:Small amount of worsted weight yarn in flower colors
H (5.0 mm) crochet hook
Yarn needle

Notes:
1. Read instructions completely before beginning.
2. Photo shows daffodils in three sizes.
3. I used orange and white for my daffodils.
4. Pull each slipstitch tight.
5. I sewed my daffodils and leaves to an Easter Basket. Depending on the use they could be hot glued on.

Round 1: With center color, ch 2, 7 hdc in 2nd ch from hook. Join with slipstitch in top of first hdc. (7 hdc)

Round 2: Ch 1, sc in each stitch. Join with slipstitch in first sc. (7 sc)

This next round is going to feel awkward, but the rev sc is so worth the effort.

Round 3: Ch 1, rev sc in each stitch around. DO NOT join, but fasten off and use tail to close round.

Now you have completed the cup or trumpet part of your daffodil.

Round 4: Using the outside petal color, join yarn to any unused loop of hdc on round 1 with a slipstitch. *Ch 2, 3 dc, ch 1, slipstitch all in the same st as slipstitch, slipstitch in the unused loop of next hdc, repeat from * around. DO NOT join, but fasten off and use tail to close round. (7 petals).

Weave in ends.

Using the same instructions you can make a larger center by starting with 9 or 11 hdc on round 1. That will give your daffodils 9 or 11 petals.

Stems and leaves:

Leaf: Ch desired length for leaf. Slipstitch in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next 2 ch, hdc in remaining chains.

Fasten off leaving a long tail for sewing.

Stem: Chain desired length for stem. Slipstitch in 2nd chain from hook and each remaining chain.

Fasten off leaving a long tail for sewing.

Comments:
i just wanted to say that they also sell this stuff called liquid stitch. it work great. I still sew the items down after its glued , justf or extra support. I have a flag blanket with stars on it and I left long tails and tied them on then glued them and then i stitched them. I dont think they will ever come off. I did this because of washing it. by the way. this is very cute. i am making them for my 3 girls. to abd i cant find one for my boys. dont think they would like flowers.
 
A friend crocheted my bunny pin (check under holiday stuff on the right hand side bar) and sewed that to a basket. You could do that and just make some of the leaves for the rest of the basket.
 
Suzetta, I love your Crocheted Daffodil basket...and I like the idea of putting your crocheted bunny pin on it somewhere. Thanks!!

You are such a clever gal !!!
 
Love this. Very simple and it's my fave flower. 'Hope'
 
Hey Susie, just made a few of these up for my son's teacher for Teacher Appreciation week. You can see the post on my blog - http://tinyurl.com/qwqw6m
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?